Immanuel ELC is committed to ensuring the children of today will have a better world for tomorrow. Staff actively help the Centre’s youngest learners understand how their actions will influence the world of tomorrow.
Sustainable practices that are embedded in our day-to-day activities for children, families and educators include:
- Using recycled materials where possible
- Encouraging children to use half flush on the toilets
- Encouraging children to turn the water off when they have washed their hands
- Encouraging children to bring in their paper and recycled rubbish at home for use at the Centre
- Talking with the children about electricity and encouraging them to turn off the lights
- Educating children about land use and vegetation and having them participate in vegetable planting
- Recycling toothpaste tubes through a local dental practice
- Recycling Nespresso pods monthly at a depot in Brisbane
Our children are our future and will be the caretakers of our environment.