Enrolment Process Overview
Step 1: Submitting an Application for Enrolment form
Please complete an Application for Enrolment form for each child and submit online, along with the following attachments. Payment of the application fee can be via cash, cheque, direct deposit and credit card.
- A non-refundable application fee of $20.00 (per child, to be paid at the Centre)
- A copy of each child’s birth certificate (to be uploaded via the link below or brought into the Centre)
- A copy of each child’s immunisation certificate (to be uploaded via the link below or brought into the Centre)
- Copies of any court orders (to be uploaded via the link below or brought into the Centre)
- Copies of any relevant specialist reports and assessments (to be uploaded via the link below or brought into the Centre)
Step 2: Receipt of Application for Enrolment form
When your completed Application for Enrolment form and application fee have been received, a letter of acknowledgement and receipt of payment will be sent to you.
Step 3: Waiting Lists
Due to demand for places in certain age groups, it may be necessary to place your child’s name on our waiting list until a place becomes available. Families are encouraged to apply regardless of the waiting list as this will increase your child’s chance of securing a place at a later date.
It is a condition of approval and continued approval for Child Care Subsidy (CCS) purposes that Immanuel Early Learning Centre must comply with the Family Assistance Law. The Priority of Access Guidelines must be used to allocate available child care places where there are more families requiring care than places available. When filling vacant places, Immanuel Early Learning Centre must fill them according to the following priorities:
Priority 1 – A child at risk of serious abuse or neglect
Priority 2 – A child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy the work, training, study test
Priority 3 – Any other child.
Step 4: Offer of a Place
All offers are made in writing and families are given a 14-day period to consider if they wish to accept or decline the offer of a place. Kindergarten places require a minimum of two days attendance. Places will be offered in accordance of priority of access:
- Application date and age of child as per policies and procedures
- Kindergarten funded places for children 3 ½ to 4 ½ as at 31 December of the year prior to enrolment in Kindergarten.
Step 5: Confirming Placement Offer
If the offer is accepted, families are then required to pay a non-refundable Enrolment Fee of $100.00. This payment is required within a 14-day period along with a completed Enrolment Form, included in the Place Offer pack. Please ensure that the following is completed on the form:
- Child’s full name, date of birth and customer reference number (CRN from Centrelink)
- Parent’s full name, date of birth and customer reference number (CRN from Centrelink)
- Health Care Card number (if applicable)
- As per ELC policy a bond is required on commencement
- Fees are to be paid two weeks in advance at all times
- Fees are payable for all booked days including absences, illness and holidays
- The ELC is open for 50 weeks of the year. Fees are not charged for the two weeks the Centre is closed over the Christmas and New Year break (dates are advised mid-year).
- Fees are payable for the full 50 weeks unless an enrolment is secured during the year and/or two weeks’ notice is given when discontinuing enrolment and not returning.